Wireline Drilling Technologies has patented and developed a revolutionary new method of well intervention. The Wireline Drilling System (WDS) allows the operator to drill one or several short laterals out of an existing wellbore with wireline eliminating the need for a drilling rig. The system is designed to drill short (~100ft) laterals from an existing wellbore from both open and cased hole.
The WDS is comprised of a number of elements:
- A small diameter polycrystalline diamond compact (PDC) bit
- High power drilling unit provides fluid circulation and torque to turn the bit
- Cuttings capture unit that separates and stores wellbore cuttings
- SideWinder tractor to provide conveyance and drilling weight on bit (WOB)
- Wireline unit at surface to provide power and control